Hey band friends -
Come to the annual End-of-Band-Camp Picnic on Friday August 26. 7pm, in the Tigard High School Commons!
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Hey, Marching Band folks - it's almost time for Band Camp! Whoo hoo!
If you've been checking McKee's MB Calendar on the right sidebar, you know that Band Camp is slightly shorter this year. We'll begin on Wednesday August 17 and continue through the week on Thursday and Friday, then come back the following Monday and be in Camp all week through Friday August 26. And then we'll begin our regular M/W 5-9 rehearsals on Monday August 29.
Here are the details:
- Please, eat breakfast. This is a very physical activity, and your body needs fuel.
- Band room doors open at 8:00 am.
- Rehearsal will begin PROMPTLY at 8:30 am.
- You need to bring a lunch, or money for a very quick run-and-get-it lunch.
- You need to bring LOTS of water.
- You need to bring sunscreen.
- You need your instrument or apparatus.
- You will need certain types of clothing:
- Closed-toe shoes - no sandals or flip flops. No boots.
- Layers - it may be cool in the morning, but by afternoon it could be hot.
- School-appropriate tops and shorts. We do not rehearse shirtless, or in swimsuit tops
- Rehearsal will end by 5 pm.
- 8:30-9 - PT
- 9-10:45 - Music
- 10:45-11:15 - Break (time for an early lunch!)
- 11:15-3 - Field rehearsal - yes, water breaks will happen!
- 3-3:30 - Break - (time for a 2nd lunch!)
- 3:30-5 - Sectionals
- Our Famous Garage Sale begins Friday August 19, the 1st Friday of Band Camp. For that day only, we ask you to show up at 7 am and help set up tables and move sale items into place so that everything is ready to go and we can earn LOTS OF MONEY. The Band Boosters will provide you with a good breakfast, and we'll be ready to hit the ground running at 9.
- The End-of-Camp Picnic is Friday August 26, the last Friday of Band Camp. We will rehearse until 5 pm, take a short break, and then play a little music at 6 pm for your adult-types before eating terrific BBQ food. We'll ask your adults to bring something to contribute - that information will be noted here when the time gets closer. For now, make sure your adults know about this picnic and make sure it's on their calendar.
Get ready - here we go!!
Posted by McKee! at 8:04 PM
Friday, August 5, 2016
It's time for the Tualatin Crawfish Festival, and that means Tigard High Band is selling those famous Cajun Burgers! Come on down Saturday and/or Sunday and check it out - admission is only $4 and there's lots to do. And if you're signed up to work, please confirm your scheduled time and be there 15 minutes beforehand. Everything happens at the Tualatin City Park, right across the river from Cook Park.
Posted by McKee! at 11:21 PM