Wow - it's already time for basketball season! This is a great thing for us, because we are the food concessionaires for THS Basketball - yay!
Here's how it works:
- Every student who is part of a Tigard High Band performing ensemble is required to work concessions at least once during the basketball season. Students who enjoy concessions work may work more than one shift, but may not sign up for additional shifts until everyone has signed up once. Scholarship recipients are encouraged to work more than one shift.
- Parent-types are needed at each concession event. One is OK - two are better.
- Games are on Tuesdays and Fridays, with two Wednesday games at the beginning of the season. Shifts typically begin at 5pm and finish around 9ish.
- McKee opens each concession event.
- A Closing Team is essential to the success of out concessions event. The Closing Team is made up of 2 - 4 adults who are trained in closing procedures. One member of the Closing Team will come to THS toward the end of the game to coordinate the concessions workers in putting away all food, supplies, etc. and the cleanup of the concessions stand. (Being a member of the Closing Team is a GREAT way to COMPLETELY AVOID actually selling any hot dogs or nacho cheese!)
- Concessions signup sheets will be posted Monday in the Band Room, with slots for 4 students and 2 parent-types for most games. The four league double-header games will have slots for 6 students.