Tuesday, June 30, 2009
It's almost the 4th of July, and you know what that means! To paraphrase my good friend Pyroman, "Let's blow things up!" And the best way to blow things up is to go to one of the 2 (that's right, not one but two!) fireworks stands run by the Tigard High Band and Color Guard Boosters - yay! The main stand is at the Grange on Pacific Highway in Tigard, near BiMart. The classic stand is right at good ol' THS. So support the Tigard High Band programs by buying your tools for "blowing things up" at one of our terrific stands!
Posted by McKee! at 9:54 PM
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Posted by McKee! at 8:14 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
We'll be leading the Grand Floral Walk this Saturday - the pre-parade event that comes 30 minutes before the Grand Floral Parade! Here's the itinerary:
7:00 am * Call time - put on uniform and get ready! (Remember your black socks!)
7:45 am * Load buses
8:25 am * Arrive Rose Quarter parade staging area
9:30 am * Step off! Entertain the crowd, have fun, play great music!
11:00 am * Load buses for return trip
11:30 am * Arrive THS - go home!
To prepare for the parade, between now and Saturday smart band students will:
- Eat healthy, nutritious meals
- Drink AT LEAST 6 glasses of water daily!
- Get a reasonable amount of sleep each night
- Get new, thick, fluffy BLACK SOCKS! (BTW, shorty socks are evil and just plain dumb!)
- Smart band students always eat a healthy meal before a performance.
- "Clean" is a great smell. Deodorant is your friend.
- Guys, if it grows, shave it. Seriously.
Posted by McKee! at 1:54 PM